Dec 05, 2023
Certificate of Achievement | 195 clock hours
Academic and Career Advising
The Network Support Technician program prepares students to fill an entry level networking support position in the information technology field. It covers the basics of communication media, communication devices, and troubleshooting.
||Annual % Change
||Total Annual Openings
|Salt Lake Metro
Estimated Cost for Students
Tuition and student fees: http://www.slcc.edu/satts/cost-financial-aid.aspx.
Please visit the program website for up-to-date cost information.
Program Entry Requirements
Basic computer use knowledge, use of the Internet and email.
Required Courses (195 clock hours)
Time to Completion
Estimated time to completion is 10 weeks based on a full-time minimum of 20 completion hours per week. Less than 20 completion hours per week will increase time to completion and may put the student in academic probation for low rate of progress.
Program Learning Outcomes
Program learning outcome alignment with Student Learning Outcomes in brackets.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and manage common network wireless and wired devices. [1,4,8,9]
- Establish basic network design and connectivity maps. [1,4,9]
- Identify network limitations and weaknesses. [1,4,5,9]
- Implement network security, standards, and protocols. [1,4,8,9]
- Demonstrate understanding of emerging technologies including unified communications, mobile,
cloud, and virtualization technologies. [1,4,8,9]
- Maintain network documentation. [1,2,4,9]