Dec 05, 2022
Certificate of Achievement | 195 clock hours
Academic and Career Advising
The Desktop Support Tech program covers systems assembly, computer repair, troubleshooting skills development, basic network support, software installation, and customer service.
||Annual % Change
||Total Annual Openings
|Salt Lake Metro
Estimated Cost for Students
Tuition and student fees: http://www.slcc.edu/satts/cost-financial-aid.aspx.
Please visit the program website for up-to-date cost information.
Program Entry Requirements
Basic computer use knowledge, use of the Internet and email
Required Courses (195 clock hours)
Time to Completion
Time to completion is 10 weeks based on a full-time minimum of 20 completion hours per week. Less than 20 completion hours per week will increase time to completion and may put the student in academic probation for low rate of progress.
Program Learning Outcomes
Program learning outcome alignment with Student Learning Outcomes in brackets.
- Assemble components based on customer requirements. [1,4,9]
- Install, configure and maintain devices, PCs and software for end users. [1,4,9]
- Apply basic digital network design and security principles. [1,4,9]
- Properly and safely diagnose, resolve and document common hardware and software issues. [1,4,5,8,9]
- Apply troubleshooting skills. [1,4,5,8,9]
- Provide appropriate customer support. [1,2,4,8]
- Demonstrate basic understanding of virtualization, desktop imaging and deployment. [1,4,9]