Associate of Applied Science | 64 credits minimum
Academic and Career Advising
This program is dedicated to teaching light commercial and residential sustainable construction methods that address the green building & energy conservation demands of today. It is designed to provide students with a practical hands-on experience in various areas of building construction, interior finishes & cabinetmaking, along with project management and business management courses.
Entry level positions within a construction company with potential for rapid promotion. This is the first step toward starting a construction management career or private contractor business.
For information regarding transfer options, please contact the SLCC Program Advisor in Academic and Career Advising. Students who earn an AAS degree in Construction Management and Sustainable Building have the option to transfer into the Technology Management Bachelor Degree at Utah Valley University. UVU can accept up to 45 technical credits towards this degree. Student may take additional general education classes to complete the AS Degree in Construction Management and then transfer to various Bachelor programs in Construction Management
Estimated Cost for Students
Tuition and student fees: https://www.slcc.edu/student/financial/tuition-fees.aspx.
Course fees: $55
Note: Fees vary based upon specific registration and are subject to changes.
General Education Requirements
Complete all General Education courses.
Required Core Courses (22 Credits)
Elective Courses (24 Credits)
Select 24 credits from the following:
Time to Completion & Graduation Map
Program Learning Outcomes
Program learning outcome alignment with Student Learning Outcomes in brackets.
- Discover construction technology that will enhance the ability to successfully compete in today’s marketplace in the construction management industry. [1,4,7,8]
- Prepare students for a variety of construction related occupations. [1,2,3,4,7]
- Provide continuing educational opportunities for currently working students who desire a degree for further job advancement. [1,7]
- Identify sustainable building practices required by clients, architects, engineers and local and national building codes and standards. [1,2,4,5,7]
- Apply entry level skills that result in accelerated advancement in employment. [1,4,5,7]
- Prepare students for transfer to various construction management related programs. [1,3, 7,8,9]
- Interpret building plans and specifications. [1,2,8,9]
- Summarize industry driven software used for editing, managing, marking-up, designing & sharing construction documents. [1,2,9]
- Estimate the true cost of building projects by preparing cost breakdowns. [1,3,4,8,9]
- Apply construction law and its related applications, including contracts, liens & liability exposure. [1,2,4,7]
- Create a final presentation utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Projects software. [1,2,4,5,7,9]