View Nursing: AAS (CTE) page.
Plan of Study 2020-2021
The following is a plan of requirements to complete this Associate of Applied Science degree in 2 years. Each student’s experience will vary slightly, as this plan does not include transfer work, Advanced Placement (AP), or other institutions’ concurrent enrollment credits. Math and English placement will be based on the student’s appropriate placement scores. If developmental courses are required, they should be taken in the student’s first semester.
NOTE: This plan assumes the student is prepared to take the courses listed. If prerequisites are required, additional semesters may be required to complete this degree.
Meet with the Academic Program Advisor and consult DegreeWorks for specific degree requirements.
- To maintain a position in the program after starting nursing courses, students must be continually enrolled and complete all core nursing courses in sequence, as well as maintain a grade of C+ or better in all NURS courses.
ADVANCED PLACEMENT NURSING (LPN TO RN)
The program also offers an Advanced Placement option. This is for students who have completed a practical nursing program and are licensed as a practical nurse in Utah. The following admission criteria must be met before the applicant can be considered for acceptance into the program.
GENERAL ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Be admitted to SLCC as a matriculated student.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- For transfer credit, submit OFFICIAL, SEALED transcripts for ALL colleges and universities where prerequisite course work has been completed.
SLCC Transfer Evaluation Office
4600 South Redwood Road
P.O Box 30808
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-
- Also submit a transfer evaluation request form located at: http://www.slcc.edu/transcriptevaluation/. This process may take 4-6 weeks and must be completed before a student’s application will be considered.
AP NURSING SELECTIVE ADMISSIONS APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
For specific information regarding admission requirements, please go to the website at http://www.slcc.edu/nursing/admissions/advanced-placement.aspx